The presentation of the sport of karate for the candidature for the inclusion in additional sports programme of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games to the TOCOG has been made by a delegation of WKF and JKF, with the attendance of:
– Antonio Espinós, WKF President
– Toshihisa Nagura, WKF General Secretary
– Francisco Alegrete, WKF General Manager
– Javier Tola, WKF Communications Director
– Takashi Sasagawa, JKF President
– Masayashu Kametani, Interpreter.
After the presentation, at the press conference where numerous media were present, a complementary demonstration was made of both kata and kumite, by athletes:
– Ms Kiyou Shimizu, World Female Kata Champion
– Mr Ryutaro Araga, World Male -84kg Vice-Champion and
– Mr Hiroto Shinohara, Japanese National Team Member Male -67kg category.